Home

Friday, April 12, 2013

Descension (Mystic) by B.C. Burgess

Descension
I was told this series is somewhere between Twilight and Harry Potter. I've read all the Twilight series but none of Harry Potter. I was a bit afraid that the characters will be too young for me to relate. But... I was worried for nothing. Quin the main character is already A MAN. A beautiful one at that. :)

The paranormal part of this book are wizards and magics. These wizards live peacefully among us. And one of them own a coffee shop on the Cannon Beach. And that's where the story began.

I love BC Burgess's language. I love her story telling. I wanted to follow Layla and hunt the cafe with her.

Descension is so filled with love. First half of the book was how sweet Quin is to Layla. How he revealed his secret and showed her the magic. Then second half was from her parents love. Love from Katherine, the mother who raised her. Love from her grandparents. Though you can see it coming, you can't stop the tear from streaming. I made a mistake of reading it at work and had to hold my tears.

"Promise me one more thing, Katherine."
"Sure, Chris, anything."
"Love her more than anyone's been loved in the history of time. Love her like her mom loved her, like I love her..." His throat tightened, strangling his request.
"I promise, " Katherine whispered, wiping away a tear. "She deserves it all."

Descension truly is a love filled paranormal that felt so real, oh, but don't think it's cheesy. The scary heart pounding parts are also there. Agro... the devil. Medea the witch who created all this problem. Only if there was no Medea, only if she didn't lose her mind... Only if....

I'm going to read Impassion (The Mystic Series) as soon as I finish typing this because book 3 is coming out already tomorrow! Eeep!!! More Quinlan!!! xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment