Home

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

CRASH - CLASH

Crash
Crash started with Lucy on the beach just a couple of weeks before her senior year at  new school started. It's also when this eye candy "Prince Hot Damn" arrived with one whole mess of guys, tossing a football back and forth.
"The name's Jude Ryder, since I know you're all but salivating like a rabid dog to know, and I don't do girlfriends, relationships, flowers, or regular phone calls. If that works for you, I think we could work out something special."
"I also knew you wouldn't stop your staring until you learned the cold, hard truth. So, consider yourself warned. I might not be the kind of guy that reads textbooks at the beach, but I'm smart enough to know girls like you should stay away from guys like me. So stay away."

It looked interesting at the beginning but I have to admit that around 18% of the book I started to doubt if this bad boy is too bad and the story too heavy for me. They burned her dog. They burned her hair and doused her with gasoline!
I'm glad I didn't put the book down and continued reading it anyway. It's Jude's love that made the story so beautiful.
"My Mom left when I was thirteen. My dad's serving a life sentence for killing a young kid. I spent the last five years in a boy's home being bullied, beat, and abused by the kids, the staff, and even the goddamn dog. I sold drugs. I did drugs. I got arrested. A lot. I screwed a lot of faceless woman. And when I met one whose face I couldn't forget. I fell in love with her. I hurt her because I fell in love with her and was afraid she was going to leave me the way everyone else had. I still love her."
Clash
Clash followed only a little more than a month apart. >.<

The only easy thing about Jude and Lucy’s relationship is their love for one another. Everything else is hard. That's when Lucy started to believe that love just isn't  enough sometimes.
"Love is like a seed.You've got to plant it to grow. But that's not all. You need to water it. The sun needs to shine just enough, but not too much. The roots have to take hold.  You can't plant a seed and hope it will grow on its own."
"Love is what brings you together, Lucy. But it's the blood, sweat, and tears of hard work that keeps you together."
Just like what her roommate confirmed to her. "Jude was the hand you were dealt, and that man is no carousel, Lucy. That man is the super-duper- looper, Six Flags, knee-trembling roller coaster extraordinaire." Lucy started to doubt if they're supposed to be together. And when she figured it all out. She grabbed the microphone and walked to the fifty yards line.
"We rode this roller coaster. Up, down, and around and around, and just as soon as I was sure it was coming to a stop and we could get off of it once and for all, we repeated the same ride all over again. I didn't think I wanted to be a passenger on that ride anymore, so I got off, leaving him to ride it alone."
"But then this morning, over a sleepless night a pot of coffee, someone knocked some sense into me. I realized I'd never really gotten off that roller coaster, we were just riding it different cars. My life is a roller coaster whether or not I am sitting next to this boy, and I'd rather share this crazy journey through life with him at my side. I'm done leaving. I'm done questioning if we can do this thing, Jude. "
"I love you, Jude Ryder. I'm done letting that scare me. I'm not going anywhere."  But the security guards didn't think so because one of them said to her. "Yes, ma'am. I'm afraid you are." Lol.
As the guards were leading her through the tunnel, the familiar voice rose through the stadium. 
"Lucy Larson? Could you come back out here? I need to ask you something."
Ahem. >.<I guess you can imagine what happened next and how the story beautifully ends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment