Home

Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Vincent Boys

Found another light book to read. 
(And this one even comes with silly cover :)

The Vincent Boy
The Vincent Boys is the story about Ashton, Beau, and Sawyer,
long time friends turned high school love triangle. 
And of course, one of the guys must be, yup, the bad boy. 
What I found amazing was how the author told her story using point of view alternation.
Actually, this is the first book I read that did that.
And, it wasn't confusing. The story just kept rolling, very smoothly.
Sometimes I wonder what's going on in these authors head and  how she chose whose head she was going to be in to tell the story.

The Vincent Boys followed shortly by the Vincent Brothers. 
Again, got myself into another series without prior knowledge.
And no, not complaining. At all. :) 

The Vincent Brothers (The Vincent Boys#2)
I bought this second book very instantly. I was surprised there was a follow up.
Not surprised though that it was about Lana.
This book was just a real closure. You won't have to guess what happen to who.
It's more intense and more sense than the first book.
And, yeah, I have to keep telling myself these characters are just high school kids!




And my favorite quote from the second book, the first time I highlighted my kindle:
"A wise man once told me that you don't have to forgive me.You don't have to like me.
But you need to know I love you. That I'm proud of you.
All I needed to do was tell you.
How you handle it or take it isn't what's important.
What's important is that you know."

I guess it's all come down to communication.
Always let people know how you feel. Especially when your feelings are the positive ones. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment