Home

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Plastic Hearts by Lisa de Jong

Plastic Hearts
Plastic heart delivers soooo many good messages...
"Redemption isn't something that comes fast and easy. You have to put all your effort and heart into it to make it work. It can't be forced or bought; it simply had to be earned. It requires honesty, commitment and trust."

It's the kind of book that delivers its message without explicit sex scenes or obscene language. No cheating. No triangle love. And no cliff hangers.

Alex was looking for true love. A flutter in her stomach. A curl in her toes. A love she couldn't live without. And when she finally found one... It was with Dane who her parents will never approve of. Dane is handsome. He has a smile that melts your heart. Dane is sweet. Honest. And true.
"Life inspires me. Life is unfair, unkind and unforeseeable. It knocks you down when you least expect it." 
"I have envied friends who grew up in happy families, but I also believe that my less than ideal upbringing made me who I am."

BUT he has tattoos and the most important.. he didn't come from a rich family.
Alex's parents are parents from hell. They are controlling. They are fake. They plan things for her and expect her to not walk out of the line. And when she decided to disobey them, they disowned her.
Lisa didn't make Alex life too easy. I had an anxiety at around 80% of the book guessing all the possibilities of how this book ends. I'm satisfied with the ending. But I liked the part where she mentioned 'sometimes second chances didn't exist.' Don't abandon your dream and reach for it.

"Sometimes when life hits you with too much, it makes you stronger and you learn from it. Life has brought me maturity. I make my decisions based on who I don't want to be, rather than whom everyone else wants me to be."

Have I said I love Dane? I LOVE Dane!! xoxoxo

2 comments: