Home

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Love Left Behind

Love Left Behind
When I saw Love Left Behind
it was introduced as a contemporary romance for angst-addicts
So I was so nervous 
when I saw Emma got hooked up already at the very beginning of the book. 
I had to watch for that dark shadow lurking in the corner waiting to happen. 
Oh my. 

And there it was, 
just almost half way through... the moment was there. 
I had to stop myself from flipping to the end to steal myself a glance for the ending. 
I have never done that. 
I feel so bad for Jackson. 
He's done so nothing wrong!

Second half of the book, 
there were moments I thought I was reading 
It was just how rich and possessive these men are.

And because of the name of the book, 
then when he finally said good bye, 
I had a flash back and hope he won't end up like Chase in Taking Chances
Thank goodness, he didn't. 

Jackson was an actor 
still struggling for auditions and try outs when they first met. 
Emma had just called off a wedding, a day after her bachelorette party. 
She didn't wanna be boring or predictable. 
She felt suffocated marrying Sean, a man she's been with since fifteen. 
And moved to New York.

The only thing that annoyed me was how quickly they fell for each other. 
A total of 3 days! That's the part I can't really fall for. 
If the book had stretched it a little bit longer, maybe a week or two? 
Maybe I'd have liked it more.

how far can obligation take you? It took me from the arms of the one man I loved into a life that became meaningless. It took the joy out of my life, leaving me with nothing but pain and regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment